Parents and Scout Meeting – September 13, 2018
I. Opening and Welcome – Summer camp and Philmont wrap-ups & thanks!
A. Kai Gebhard and Brian Meehan – New ASM’s for this year.
B. Summer Camp Activity Captains – SM Frank Naccarato, Jim Fitzmaurice, David Ehrhardt, Charlie Klahn, and Michael Norrby, along with Senior Patrol Leader Jacob Arens
C. Elkhorn High Adventure Base Trip run by Mike Arens, with Rich Conzo, Ed Banville, and Marco Orellano, along with eight Scouts, with the Crew Leader – Chris Alessi
II. Scoutmaster’s Goals for 2018-2019
· Ensure that all of our Scouts have well prepared and managed Troop meetings with pre-planned rank advancement agendas, which will be coordinated between the ASM’s, Troop Guides, and Junior Assistant Scoutmasters.
· Encourage our older Youth Leaders to be BSA Trained through the National Youth Leadership Training – building a stronger Greenbar and Senior Patrol Leadership.
· Zero tolerance of un-scout like behavior, bad behavior, and Scout bullying at all Troop Meetings, campouts, Summer Camp, service projects, and activities.
· Further enhance the Assistant Scoutmaster’s Training through participation in the BSA online training and formal training, mandatory Youth Protection, and work to have all our ASM’s be “Fully Trained!”
IV. Assistant Scoutmaster’s Duties and responsibilities
A. Troop Attendance* Chris Dopfel and Kevin Lawn
B. Quartermaster Frank Naccarato/Stephen Greene
D. Second and First Class Ranks* Dave Ehrhardt
E. Star and Life Ranks* Al Erhard
F. Eagle Preparation – Project Review Chris Bernichon
G Merit Badge Coordinator Dave Ehrhardt
H. Summer Camp Dave Ehrhardt
I. Order of the Arrow __________________________
J. Court of Honor preparation/Programs Rich Conzo
K. Troop Trailer Maintenance Frank Naccarato/Stephen Greene
L. Troop Leader Training Denis Mellett
* Weekly meeting attendance required